(The following is a guest post by Alpha Appliance Repair, located in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada)
Alpha Appliance Repair
2 Simcoe St S #510
Oshawa, ON, L1H 8C1
If you thought that having a dishwasher means lifelong freedom from washing the dishes yourself, then you need to rethink about it because if not maintained properly, such an appliance can also call for a repair anytime. Repairing a dishwasher is a tricky task that can not be done by self in most of the cases, so it is better to avoid certain problems before they start making your dishwasher non-functional. You can get acquainted with some of the common dishwasher problems that may require service.
1. No Draining: One of the major problems faced by dishwasher users is that it stops draining. This actually doesn’t happens all of a sudden because dishwasher not draining means a lot of food residue has got accumulated on the drainage hole over time which has finally stopped the water from draining out of the dishwasher. For this, first check the drain pump or drain hose for any food items lodged that could be blocking the water from draining out.
2. Dishes Left Unclean: The second common dishwasher problem that may require service and is faced by a number of users is that when the dishes remain unclean even after a full cycle. This problem is the biggest problem because here the main purpose of using the dishwasher is failed and the dishes are not cleaned as they should be. This problem usually occurs when a user fails to maintain the dishwasher on a regular basis. For this first try to minimize the load of dishes in the washer and then run a cycle if this doesn’t helps then you must hire a professional for repair help.
3. Leaking: Third common dishwasher problem that may require a service is when it starts leaking. Such a problem is detected with water first in small quantity starts leaking from the dishwasher and gradually larger amounts of water start leaking out of it. This problem is quite easy to detect when the floor starts wetting due to leaking. This problem is also easy to resolve in many cases with a simple door latch replacement and if even then the problem is not resolved, then you must call a technician to resolve it.
4. Unusual Odors: In many cases, some unusual odors are experienced from a dishwasher and in fact, it is one of the easiest problems to tackle when it comes to repair a dishwasher. You can clean the dishwasher using vinegar, baking soda, lemon or bleach and see it sparkling and odor-free too without much effort in most of the cases. In case, even after such a cleaning method, the dishwasher continues to pass unusual odors, then call for a professional technician to help you out.
5. Dishwasher Doesn’t Turns On: Lastly, many dishwasher users complaint that their device is not turning on. For this, first try to unplug the device and plug it again and check the settings and all the knobs. Usually, this checking and re-plugging helps in restarting the dishwasher in many cases.